- Dit event is voorbij.
Like a Pro – Antwerp
9 september 2018 / 10:00 - 13 september 2018 / 19:00| 970€
THE WHEEL OF CONSENT FOR PRACTITIONERS
Deze Like a Pro is volgeboekt.
Betty komt nog een keer terug naar Antwerpen, in februari 2019.
Hiervoor kan je aanmelden via deze link.
Betty Martin creëerde The Wheel of Consent, in het Nederlands ook ‘Circel van Overeenkomst’ genoemd. Een prachtig verhelderende en bekrachtigende basic ‘tool’ voor iedereen die met mensen, lijven en/of seksualiteit werkt. Al enkele jaren ben ik grote fan, gebruik het in m’n privé sessies en workshops en ben heel blij dat Betty B/NL binnenkort toevoegt aan haar Europa-tour.
Dit voorproefje over de inhoud van Like a Pro is ook te lezen op Betty’s website;
Massage therapists, tantra practitioners, sexological bodyworkers,
sacred sexuality guides, escorts, surrogate partners, erotic massage artists . . .
Psychotherapists, physicians, counselors, coaches . . .
Are you doing what your client wants you to do, or what they allow you to do?
What’s the difference and why does it matter?
If you are doing hands-on work, you need to have:
-your own personal clarity
-accurate protocols for assessment
-a clear and effective container
-skills to teach consent and empowerment to your clients/students
You need to know:
-the difference between giving and receiving
-how to make sure you never overstep what your client is ready for
-That’s what separates the dilettantes from the pros. And that is where this course comes in.
Here’s what you will learn:
• The single most important skill a practitioner can have and how to develop it (It’s NOT another technique!)
• What “giving” and “receiving” REALLY are and why knowing the difference is crucial for getting profound results for your clients and students.
• Assessment – finding out what your client is ready for and – more importantly – what they are not. This must be done with guided body experience, not just with conversation.
• Containment – How to create a strong container for your clients that has enough safety for them to get into the REAL work they are coming to you for
• Pleasure – When to bring your own pleasure into session (and when not to!) — making it more fun for everyone
• Healing – What’s actually going on in healing work and how to help your clients access parts of themselves that have been hidden away
• Quality of Touch – How to bring both clarity and heart into your hands so that all your touch is rich, juicy and satisfying
• Empowerment and consent – teaching your client how to become exquisitely aware of their own desires and limits and how to communicate them. Reminding them it’s OK to say ‘No’ is not enough.
Here’s how it’s structured:
We spend the first 2 days on YOU – finding where you are clear (or not) in receiving and giving, and give you the framework of the Quadrants that everything else is built on. These are often the big ‘Aha’ moments.
Then you learn assessment protocols so you find out what is useful for your client – and what is not. (And when to set aside your groovy techniques in light of that). We show you how to use this in varied situations and then each participant has time to ask, brainstorm and clarify how this fits into their own particular form of work. Forms of work vary, and therefor so does the application.
This is what we don’t cover:
We don’t teach bodywork techniques, but instead the skills to clarify, enhance and empower all your touch. There are many opportunities for exchanging touch as part of the learning, but there is no genital touch in the workshop.
Business and marketing skills are mentioned briefly but not focused on.